• Mix 4–5 drops of clove oil with 1 tbsp of honey and 1 clove of crushed garlic. Take before going to bed.
• Chew 1–2 cloves twice a day.
• Add 3 crushed cloves, 2 cardamoms, 2 tbsp of aniseed, 6–7 basil leaves(Tulsi) and 1 tsp of cinnamon to 2 cups of water. Boil and allow to simmer until it has reduced to half. Drink this herbal decoction, once or twice a day.
• Fry 2 tsp of cloves and add to 1 cup of boiling water. Steep for 30 minutes. Drink 1 tsp of this solution 3–4 times a day.
Muscle cramps or Painful joints/back
• Apply warm clove oil on the affected area and massage
• Gargle an infusion made from cloves and warm water.
• Chew 3–4 cloves.
• Apply clove oil to the surrounding gum or tooth cavity.
• Fry ½ tsp of clove powder, mix with 1 tbsp of honey and eat.
Cloves are used to flavor foods, and are mixed with turmeric, cinnamon and chillies. In India, clove is also mixed with other herbs and eaten with betel leaf as a breath freshener and digestive aid.
• Mix 1 tsp each of cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, black pepper, cardamom and clove. Add 3 tbsp of raw sugar and grind together to make a fine powder. Take ½–1 tsp of this powder mixed with honey twice per day.
• Boil 1 tsp of cinnamon in 1 cup of water. Simmer until it is half the volume, strain, add honey and drink warm.
• Mix 1 tsp each of cinnamon, ginger and cumin powder with honey to make a paste. Take 1 tsp three times a day
• Add ½ tsp of cinnamon powder and 1 tsp of honey to 1 cup of warm milk. Drink before going to bed.
• Boil 1 tsp of cinnamon in 1 cup of water. Cool and use as a gargle.
• Mix equal parts (1 tsp) of cinnamon, cardamom and dried bay leaf in 1 cup of hot water and drink twice daily.
• Take a pinch of cinnamon powder mixed with honey before bed.
• Apply a paste of cinnamon and lime juice daily.
• Put 1–2 drops of cinnamon oil on a cotton ball and press around the tooth.
• Eat a pinch of cinnamon powder.
Cinnamon is used for flavoring cakes, breads, desserts, drinks and confectionary. It is also used for making incense and perfumes. Taking cinnamon once a day (mixed with warm water, milk or eaten directly) can assist in lactation for nursing mothers.
• Roast 2/3 tsp of cumin seeds and powder them. Add a pinch each of ginger powder, cinnamon powder and black pepper. Mix in 1 cup of yoghurt. Eat twice a day.
• Mix 1 tsp each of cumin, ginger, cinnamon and honey. Eat ½ tsp 3 times a day.
• Boil 1 teaspoon of cumin in 1 cup of water. Add 1 teaspoon of juice from coriander leaves and a pinch of salt to taste. Drink after meals for several days.
• Add ½ tsp each of cumin, coriander, black pepper and lentils to 1 cup of water and boil. Add salt and drink.
• Mix an equal quantity of crushed cumin seeds, black pepper and ginger. Make an infusion by mixing it in hot water. Drink warm twice a day, for several days.
• Sprinkle 1 tsp of cumin on a sliced banana. Eat at night regularly.
• To increase lactation, mix 1 tsp of cumin and sugar. Drink with warm milk each evening.
• Crush 1 tbsp cumin seeds with coconut milk and apply frequently.
Cumin is used to flavor bread, pastries, cheese, pickles and chutneys. It is widely used in Indian cooking and is an ingredient in curry powder and mixed spice.
suman iyer” <email@example.com 26-4-2011