15 Golden Fengshui Tips for the Home
“Master Lynn Yap’s written articles with
Institute of Estate Agents(IEA) Newsletter”
1) There should be no shoes or slippers lying around outside the main door of every house. Remove it if you can. Allow that space at the main door to be free and clear. Now, allow me to tell you why. The chi (energy) rides with the wind and will collect all the smell of those shoes and slippers into your house causing sickness. These chi then travels about in your house looking for water to stay but if there are no water fountains or fish tanks, then the chi will be disperse by wind.
2) There should be no television sets in your bedrooms: If you cannot get rid of that habit then after watching the televison programmes, cover it with a plastic table cloth. Remember it has to be plastic and not simply cloth.
3) There should be no mirrors opposite your bed or at the side of your bed. Mirrors opposite the bed can attract a third party to the relationship. Therefore, do not place mirrors anywhere you like and especially in your bedroom.
4) There should not be a dinning table opposite your altar table. Some people are still not aware of this concept and still have that in their dinning room. Shift the dinning table.
5) If you have a fish tank in your house, be careful. A fish tank placed correctly can bring about greater fortune as you will tap on the “Divine Water Dragon’s Den”. But if you tap wrongly, it can cause you to have lawsuits, bankrupcy, work pressure, troubles and problems. If you noticed any of these after placing the fish tank for approximately four months, shift your fish tank to another location. For more details, buy my 101 Fengshui Book.
6) In your kitchen, ensure that opposite your stove there is no refrigerator, washing machine, wash basin and toilet. The fire and water crash causing family members to have disagreements. The fengshui solution ? Remove one of them.
7) Try not to allow children to sleep on mattresses on the floor. Yes, this allows young children not to fall off beds but it also causes young children to fall sick frequently. The reason is: chi is not able to flow underneath the bed. Ideally, chi should circulate around the mattress where our children sleeps to allow them to be healthy.
8) For young children, try to have their back to the wall when they write. It is important there should be a solid wall behind a children’s writing table. This allows the child to have support so that he can sit there and study longer rather than for only half an hour and then they tend to move about because there is no solid wall behind their back. Adjust your writing table.
9) Do not allow children to sleep on double decker beds even if it means saving space. The child sleeping underneath the double decker bed will not have “fresh chi” and so his health might be weak. But if due to space constraints, then monitor your child’s health if not add in a metal 6 rods windchime to break up the “stale chi” around his bed.
10) Your bed should always have a solid wall behind you. This is important if you wish to have a good rest. A solid wall simply means that you can go into deeper sleep and therefore enabling you to have good rest so that when you wake up in the morning, you will feel fresh and well rested. This also allows you to be able to concentrate on your work better.
11) There should be no beam on top of your bed, your stove, your sofa sets or the altar table. The beam above causes chi to be pressured thus enabling you to have pressures in life. Therefore, don’t place furnitures underneath it or alternatively level the beam. But make sure if you choose the latter, it is important that you have enough height for that space.
12) If you have a lot of work pressure, maybe it’s the marble table that you have in your dinning room that causes you to have those problems. Remove that marble table and change to a wooden one or alternatively live with that work pressure !
13) If your child usually falls sick in that bedroom: Then either change them to another bedroom or simply hang a six rod metal windchime as the metal element will break all the earth energies in that room. After hanging, if the wind could not do the job for you then you will have to “chime” it yourself and then watch for the good results.
14) Do not use a red sofa set: The colour red represent the element of fire. And for fengshui, some places simply cannot have the colour red in that sector. For example : the wealth area or some other sectors which without a fengshui check would be unable to tell you where it is. A red sofa sets gives rise to heavy work pressure, troubles and obstacles. Most people simply accept that life is like that without realising that THAT is caused by the bad fengshui of that red sofa ! Fengshui Solution ? Change the colour of your sofa.
15) Always open your bedroom windows at least once 20 minutes a day to allow fresh chi to come in – Why should we do it ? We do this so that it allows fresh new chi from outside to come into your bedroom, if not you will be sleeping with stale chi every night. And if that happens, then how can you expect your life to bring in more good fortune to come to you ? So open that window and never mind if dusts comes in ! The great good fortune that you can have will far exceeds the time you take to clean off the dust ! Trust me.
suhas patil” <firstname.lastname@example.org 11/4/10